Saturday 25 April 2015

April TopBox Review

It has been a LONG time since I have done a post on my TopBox.  But trying to stick with my resolution of being a better blogger I have decided to start my TopBox reviews again (since I haven't stopped getting the box).  So read on to see my April TopBox.

Every month I get a little surprise in the mail.  It's my monthly Topbox. 
Topbox is a monthly beauty service that delivers " luxe box of beauty samples for you to try out in the comfort of your home."
For about $15/month I get to try out about 5 sample and quite often full size products.  I LOVE getting my little present every month.
For anyone who is interested in checking out what they are all about go to Topbox

The products I got this month:

Deborah Lippmann - Luxurious Nail Colour - She Drives Me Crazy
What TopBox Says: "A luxury line of award winning nail lacquers, created working with iconic figures in fashion from Cher to Sarah Jessica Parker.  For best looking nails, apply 2 coats of polish."  - $20 for 15mL
What I say: This is a great summer colour for my toes.  Can't wait to give it a go.  I have used her polish before, they have great pigment and coverage.
Would I purchase: I would get different colours if/when they go on sale.

Me MAXEffects Naturals
What TopBox says: "Gently wipes make and impurities away while balancing the skin's pH." - $7.5 for 65mL
What I Say: I haven't tried these yet, but they are great for my travel kit.
Would I purchase: Maybe if I was looking for a substitute for my pre-moisten clothes.

Matrix Style Link - Smooth Setter Smoothing Cream **Full size product received**
What TopBox Says: "Your link to smoothness with control.  This cream textures delivers satin finish and doesn't weight down hair for a natural movement." - $16.25 for 118mL
What I say: This was great.  It made my hair very smooth and soft.  I used it on damp hair then went to sleep, the next day my hair looked pretty good. 
Would I purchase: Yes

Philosophy - Miracle worker overnight
What TopBox Says: "Apply after cleansing and treatment as a nighttime or daytime moisturizer." - $117 for 118mL
What I say: I haven't noticed a big difference between this face cream and my regular one.  Not a big fan that there is no SPF in it (something I think ALL face creams should include)
Would I purchase: No.  The price is just too extreme to justify.

**Bonus Item** Hawaiian Tropics Sunscreen spf30
This was a bonus item and therefore doesn't have a write up on it.  But it's a readily available sunscreen and with summer right around the corner I was very excited to see this in my box.
Would I purchase: It smells great and I would absolutely purchase.

No comments:

Post a Comment