Sunday 21 September 2014

Canada Supports and Remembers...

Today was an awesome (though extremely early starting at 530am) day.   Today was the first time that Hubs (and myself in spirit) participated in the Canada Army Run.

The boys all ready to go
This is an annual event with proceeds going back to the Armed Forces.  The event is a big deal here in the capital with over 25,000 people participating this year (largest turnout ever) including Vets, soldiers and civillians.  If you want to find out more about the event and keep tabs so you can sign up next year (I think this might be a yearly event for our family) then click here.


That's our Ottawa mayor beside the solider

The hubs and myself signed up to participate in the 5K run together with our goal to be completing the run in under 35mins.  However the Hubs hurt his one leg a few weeks ago in volleyball and then on his birthday he hurt his other foot.  Both of these injuries were still bothering him so he elected to walk.  And much to my sadness I was not able to participate but our good friend Mike volunteered to step in and do the walk for me.

Unfortunately for Mike it was too late to change my bib over so he was stuck participating under my name, but I think he represented me pretty well.
Look closely and you can see my name on Mike's bib

The boys did very well, they were able to complete the course in just under an hour, and I am am super proud of both of them for participating in this very worthy cause. 
I can't wait until next year when hopefully I can also participate and finish the course in under 35mins. 

No comments:

Post a Comment