Thursday 12 February 2015

A Fantastic Week

It has been such a long time since I have done a weekly recap.  This week has been a pretty great week.  A great balance between busy and relaxing.

I was off from work on Wednesday and instead of sitting around watching TV and napping all day, I had a great sushi lunch with a friend.

We sat around for about 2.5hrs and just chatted and ate.  It has been a really long time since I have had a lunch or dinner like that.  The conversation flowed so easily and the time pasted without either of us noticing how long we had been there.

The weekend was a mix between relaxing and busy.  I went for a long over due massage on Saturday and then prepared and served a charity dinner.

Every February our church has a charity auction where people can bid on services or items donated to the auction.  For the last couple of years I have offered to make the lucky winner a home cooked dinner for up to 6 guests.  This weekend was the weekend that I made the lucky winners dinner.
It's a pretty simple/rustic dinner of roast lemon chicken, mushroom risotto, roasted root veg and tiramisu.


Everyone seemed to enjoy themselves so I am going to say that dinner was a success.  I think this might be mine and the hubs contribution each year. 

My blogging hasn't been the only thing that I have been neglecting, family dinner has been less then reliable.  But this week I changed that.  Since I had a pretty busy Saturday I wanted to have a more relaxing Sunday so I decided to make a winter and slow cooker staple....chili.


Where there is Hope, there is Faith.  Where there is faith Miracles happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment