Monday 16 February 2015

Gelous review


 
I LOVE a good manicure, I feel so put together when my nails are freshly done.  But I have really soft nails so traditional polish usually chips within 48hrs.  When I go to the salon I like to get the gel polish done and I even have the supplies to do my own at home (a great cost saver when a single polish costs $20 each time).

While I love the look and longevity of a gel polish I sometimes miss the colour options that my traditional collection has.  So when I was messing around on Pinterest and saw the tutorial about how to create a 'cheater' gel polish look using the Gelous topcoat I decided to give it a whirl.

I am happy to say that this is a GREAT substitute for a gel manicure.  It doesn't last as long as the traditional gels but it also doesn't chip off within 48hrs like a normal polish.

Just in case you don't want to take my word for it (what don't I have an honest face) I did a manicure last week.  On my left hand I used the gelious topcoat and on my right just a regular Nicole topcoat.
Left hand with Gelous topcoat

Right hand with Nicole by OPI topcoat

Left hand 9 days later

Right hand 9 days later

While both hands had chips the right hand was considerably worse.
If you are looking for a good substitute for a gel polish (or trying to save a little money on manicures) I recommend the Gelous topcoat.  It helps extended your traditional polish wear and it's about $8 a bottle (found at Sally's Beauty Supply Stores) you can't beat the price.

Pintrest results = Pass



No comments:

Post a Comment