Saturday 7 February 2015

Creamed Honey


A little while a go I saw this post on Pinterest about how to make Creamed Honey.

It looked like a great way to use up some crystallized honey (something I always have because it takes me FOREVER to use up a container).  So after reading the post a couple of times I thought I would give it a try.

To view the original post click here.

For my version I basically took the "idea" of the post and sorta free-handed it.

I started by dumping all of the honey I had into my stand mixer.
Then I scooped out about 1/3 to 1/2 of the honey, put it in a bowl and microwaved it till it was liquid again.  The original post says to mix liquid honey with the crystallized honey but I was too lazy busy to run to the store to get fresh honey.

I combined everything in my stand mixer, attached my whisk attachment and turned it on low.

Honey after 10 mins of mixing

That's all hard work it took.  I let the mixer do it's thing, changing to medium speed about halfway.
Honey after 40 mins of mixing

1 hour of mixing
After about an 1hour and 20 mins, I decided that was as whipped as I needed and transferred it to a small glass jar.

While I did find mine still had some crystallized bits in it I am sure that could be solved by reducing the crystallized honey and adding more liquid honey.

All in all I am going to say this is a great way to use up old honey.



Test Results = Success

No comments:

Post a Comment