Sunday 3 May 2015

A pretty amazing weekend/date night

It was such a beautiful weekend in the capital this past weekend.  We had nothing but sunny days and temperatures above 20.  It felt like spring/summer is here and we are finally done with this crazy cold winter that seemed like it would never end. 

I absolutely tried to take advantage of this gorgeous weekend.  Friday night I had dinner and caught up with my friend S who I haven't seen in such a long time.  It was so great, we went to Don Cherry's where we got food (OK I ate a meal she had a really yummy looking desert).  It was great to just sit around and chat.

Saturday was a beautiful day out, so I decided to run some errands in the morning and take advantage of the beautiful sunny day.  But the gorgeous day and the great feeling of having all the baby's clothes washed and put away was nothing compared to the SUPER AWESOME date night the hubs and I had Saturday night.

Just about to go in and enjoy our dinner
The hubs and I went to a teppanyaki place for dinner.  We had our first teppanyaki experience on our honeymoon a few years back and we liked it so much.  While we were trying to get pregnant I came up with the idea that it would be such a cool association to go again to teppanyaki when we w.  were successful. However the celebration dinner was put on hold because of my severe morning sickness.

Our table
Well this past Saturday I made the reservations and the Hubs and I finally got to celebrate the pregnancy.  If you haven't ever been to a teppanyaki place you absolutely need to check one out.  It's a little more expensive then your average dinner out, but you also get a pretty awesome show while they prepare your food.

Here are some of the pics from our great night out.

My super yummy drink, it had coconut, orange and some other juice.  Pretty tasty (almost didn't miss the alcohol)

The Hubs got beef sashimi to start.  He said it was AMAZING!
Onion volcano, such a neat trick.
Very talented chef.

My dinner of chicken, the Hubs had Kobe steak.  It was yummy
Very happy/full from our great date.

It was well worth the wait to have this as a celebration dinner.  But I think next time we won't wait as long (3 years) to go again.  Maybe we'll go after the baby is born.  I love the idea of tying this style of restaurant to big life events. 



Don’t Rush Things.  Anything Worth Having is Worth Waiting For - Unknown
 

No comments:

Post a Comment