Sunday 3 May 2015

Super Easy BBQ Side Ribs

With the upcoming baby I have been going through my Pinterest Boards and trying out lots of my slow cooker and recipe pins.  I am trying to come up with 8 recipes that I can make and freeze so that eating yummy food won't be an issue when we are trying to figure out how to be parents.

One of my go-to meals is possibly one of the simplest slow cooker meals I make, BBQ Side Ribs.  All it takes to put this recipe together is 3 simple ingredients: side ribs, BBQ sauce and an onion.

I pick up the ribs whenever they go on sale so I usually have 1 pack in my freezer.  Since there isn't much to this recipe it's important that you use a BBQ sauce you really like (I used Diana's).

Slice an onion and sprinkle on the bottom.

Place frozen ribs on top (I never defrost things before putting them in the slow cooker).

Cover with about half a bottle of BBQ sauce (remember the ribs are frozen and will let off juices as they cook so the sauce will be more at the end.
Turn on low and cook for 5-6 hours.

That's it.  Easy Peasy.  (Sorry I forgot to take a finished picture, but trust me they were yummy)


No comments:

Post a Comment