Tuesday 8 April 2014

My Week (Mar. 31 - Apr. 06)

I know I'm a little late on this post but I had an eventful weekend so I was a little tired on Sunday and I slacked on writing it.

I finally wrapped up on all deadlines for fiscal year end.  It was a lot of hard work but it was all completed in time.
So much hard work, I just need a nap
After all of the very hard work I got to enjoy an extra long weekend.  The first day I laid around doing nothing but eating pizza and watching reality TV (it was a great day).

The second day I decided to tackle some of the things that had been neglected from all the crazy hours.  Which translates into 7 loads of laundry.
Doesn't look quite as impressive when it is on the floor.
Of course I did get to end that with a visit from my parents, who came up to visit this weekend.
They actually arrived earlier than thought so we went out for dinner at my favourite sushi restaurant where fun was had by all.
Say 'Sashimi' and try not too look too stuffed
Mom LOVED the mango shrimp rolls
We played a few games and had a great time, but no visit would be complete without our traditional breakfast out and my mom's favorite game ....mini golf.


So we hit up the local glow-in-the-dark place and had a great time.  Dad came in first followed very closely by the hubs.  I on the other hand was able to make an impressive bid for last place by being more than 10 points higher than anyone else.  In my defence I'm pretty sure the game was fixed.  


It was a fun weekend of family and shenanigans.  Wish we lived a bit closer so that we could see them more often.

How was your weekend?  Did you get to spend anytime with family?

Weekly Thought:

I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear. – Nelson Mandela

No comments:

Post a Comment