Monday 26 May 2014

A Busy but Beautiful Weekend

This past weekend was bit of a crazy weekend for me, but one that I wouldn't have missed it for anything.  In 24hrs, I did about 12hrs of driving, attended 2 life events and ate 3 pieces of cake.

Let's start with the first event, my long time friends bridal shower.  You might remember me talking in past posts about the bridal shower that was coming up.  Well it arrived and it was great.  There was pleanty of food, great friends and lots of laughter. 

Soooooo yummy
K was spoiled rotten.  What a luck girl.
 K will be  marrying her best friend in a couple of months and it was so great to see how happy she is.



It was such a fun event.  I was happy that I could be part of it with her, and despite all my stress and worries things went off without any issues (one day I will learn to relax)


The other fun event that I attended was a baptism where the hubs and I were asked to be godparents.  So right after the shower I packed up my car and drove the 5.5hrs back to Ottawa.

I was a little sleepy but was excited to stand up for baby D.  We have never been godparents before so this is all a little new for us.  We are very excited and honored to be asked to be the godparents, and we just hope that we can do the title proud.

Me and C (the proud mom)
After church we all went back to the proud grandparents house for some yummy food and of course  some very yummy cake.



After all the driving and excitement I am tired but also so joyed/blessed to be involved with these 2 amazing life events.


No comments:

Post a Comment