Sunday 11 May 2014

Happy Mother's Day!!!

Happy Mother's Day to everyone.  This Mother's day has been one of mixed emotions for both myself and the hubs.

I am very grateful to have a great and wonderful mother.  A women who has always tried to give the best to her children.  Her and I have had our ups and downs but I am very blessed to have developed a great friendship with her in the last few years. 

I am sure that I don't say it enough but I love my mom and am so thankful for everything that she has done for me.

However last year the hubs mom passed away from a battle with cancer.  We are both grateful that she lived in Ottawa her last year giving the hubs the chance to spend time with her and say his goodbyes.  But it still makes this mothers day very hard for him, and myself as I really loved his mother.  She was such an enthusiastic person and always lived her life her way.  She was actually the person who preformed our wedding ceremony.  It is a gift from her that I will always treasure.

The last emotion that both the hubs and I are feeling is one of a bit of longing.  The hubs and myself have been trying to start a family for some time now, and while everything is in good working order the stars have not lined up to bless us with a bundle.  However we have faith that things will all work out when they are meant to. 

So while we are both feeling, joy, sadness and longing we are very grateful that we have gotten to have such a great relationship with my mom, were blessed with time and amazing memories with his mom and have hope and faith that we will soon get to have our own little person to celebrate with.  It has been an emotional day for us but it has also shown us the joy and happiness in our lives. 

No comments:

Post a Comment