Thursday 13 March 2014

Cold, Snow and more Cold...


It seems like it has been an unusually cold winter here in the capital.  It seemed like most days the temperature was -20 (or more) with the wind chill.  For anyone who doesn't know I HATE THE COLD.  No really I hate it with every fibre of my being.  I would actually move to San Francisco or Seattle if I could just for the weather. 

Than a for a couple days this week it was feeling a bit warmer, more like spring.  I put away my parka and opted for a pea style coat (that my rocking lil' sis gave me a couple months ago).  It was a beautiful reprieve from a winter where I am pretty sure I haven't felt my toes.

Than it happened.........the snow storm.  We all knew it was going to happen.  The news had been talking about this storm for days so I was expecting the 5-10cms we were predicted to get. 

That was not 5-10cms
The storm wasn't too bad (but lots of blowing snow, wind, and of course cold), but since I was working in Quebec (right across the boarder here in Ottawa) I just took the bus home at 4:30pm  and made it home in standard time.  The hubs however was not so lucky.  He left his work at 5:00pm and didn't get home until 6:15pm.  The roads were a mess. 

We skipped the gym last night and just stayed in watching TV and drinking tea (not a bad night at all). 

Than the hubs drops me off at the bus station this morning (I'm headed back over the border again for work), I  step out of the car and holly @#*! what is that crazy temperature.  Nowhere in the many, many weather reports that I heard forecasting the storm did I hear anything about the -30 (with the windchill) temperature!!!

Snow and cold, pretty much my environment since November.

I stood outside for 10 mins waiting for the bus and it took good 45mins for my toes to warm up once I got on site for work. 

I checked the weather forecast and it looks like another couple weeks of chilly temps and more snow, so it looks like I won't be putting away my parka just yet.

How are you dealing with the coldness of this winter?   What are you going to do once the weather gets warmer?



No comments:

Post a Comment