Tuesday 25 March 2014

To Smoke or Not Smoke.....

To smoke or not has been a question for a lot of my life.

For anyone who doesn't know I used to be a smoker.  I quite 2.5 years ago but the hubs and I had a bit of a rough year (with his mom passing away) and I had a few slips.  However I have renewed my commitment to being a non-smoker again.  I feel so much better when I am not smoking.  But this time I have not had an easy go with the quitting.  So instead of getting the medication like last time (I did have great success with it) I decided to try an "e-smoke".

I miss at times the actual act of smoking (I know it's a weird thing).  This I thought might be a way for me to get the "act" while still staying smoke free and healthy.  So the hubs and I checked out a local store on our way home from work. 

The people at the store were very informed and helpful.  I explained that I wanted something that had NO nicotine and NO tobacco, no chemicals.  Something that would be safe enough to use while pregnant (No I am not, but I thought this would be a good healthy baseline). 

The lady explained all the options, the ingredients in the flavours and really took the time to explain why and how it is completely safe and healthy.  So after some direction and I'm sure annoying questons from me the sales women helped me pick out a model and flavor.

Now you can get tobacco flavoured syrups but since I am trying to get my brain back to a nonsmoker's I thought I would start with a "fruit" flavoured syrup.  I ended up getting a peppermint thinking it would be a good starting flavour.

It hasn't been very long, but I am liking it so far.  It allows me to have the action of smoking without the guilt and shame around backsliding to smoking again. 

Have you had any vices that you've had a hard time giving up? Even after a long break from them? What worked for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment